anyone got a guid for fitting drive belts or master cylinders for clut

chucknorris666

hi im new to the site and new to freelanders i have just bought a v 2000 reg freelander and so far im very happy with it its a exelent car ideal for all my sports i do. i am wondering if any one has got a guid on fitting a new drive belt as the one fitted is the wrong size and it is squeeking like mad must ov been some cowboy who fitted it b4 i bought the car, also im having troubel getting into gear sometimes after driving long jurnies, i have red that its probely due to the slave cylinder as its a comon folt, so iv bought my self a new slave cylinder and im going to fit it at the weakend has any one done a guid for that too?? is it easy and simpel to do? the slave is on the outside of the gearbox by the way as some are inside. thanks in advance for any help :P

hi im new to the site and new to freelanders i have just bought a v 2000 reg freelander and so far im very happy with it its a exelent car ideal for all my sports i do. i am wondering if any one has got a guid on fitting a new drive belt as the one fitted is the wrong size and it is squeeking like mad must ov been some cowboy who fitted it b4 i bought the car, also im having troubel getting into gear sometimes after driving long jurnies, i have red that its probely due to the slave cylinder as its a comon folt, so iv bought my self a new slave cylinder and im going to fit it at the weakend has any one done a guid for that too?? is it easy and simpel to do? the slave is on the outside of the gearbox by the way as some are inside. thanks in advance for any help :P

Welcome!

First off, apologies if you're dyslexic, but if you're not, can you try a bit of punctuation, spelling and grammar as it would make your posts much easier to understand. Sorry to sound like a grumpy git, but I'm a grumpy git so that's how it comes across. :P

Also, telling us what engine your vehicle has would be a real help.

So, on with your problems:

First off, do you know the drive belt is the wrong size, or are you assuming that because it's squealing it must be wrong? Tensioning the belt (either by the belt tensioner or by adjusting the alternator or whatever the method is in your engine) could solve it. If the belt is worn, or really is wrong, then fitting a new one isn't a difficult job assuming you have a basic knowledge of how to wave a spanner.

The clutch - I thought the system was a "sealed for life" system and as such you had to replace the whole thing (master, pipe & slave), if you've managed to buy just a slave cylinder I guess it's not!

Welcome!

First off, apologies if you're dyslexic, but if you're not, can you try a bit of punctuation, spelling and grammar as it would make your posts much easier to understand. Sorry to sound like a grumpy git, but I'm a grumpy git so that's how it comes across. :P

Also, telling us what engine your vehicle has would be a real help.

So, on with your problems:

First off, do you know the drive belt is the wrong size, or are you assuming that because it's squealing it must be wrong? Tensioning the belt (either by the belt tensioner or by adjusting the alternator or whatever the method is in your engine) could solve it. If the belt is worn, or really is wrong, then fitting a new one isn't a difficult job assuming you have a basic knowledge of how to wave a spanner.

The clutch - I thought the system was a "sealed for life" system and as such you had to replace the whole thing (master, pipe & slave), if you've managed to buy just a slave cylinder I guess it's not!

Lol sory for the grammer, i am not a very good speller lol its not my fault i just never stuck in a school :P

Yes the belt is the wrong belt i have taken it of and it was a belt for a non air con freelander, the belts for aircon have 1 more thread on the belt, i maniged to fit a new one no problem they have automatic tensioners so i did not have to bother altering it, now the squeling has just goten a bit quite, but is still there when at high revs any ideas??

as for the master slave cylinder yes i did mean the whole system as they do come as a compleat kit, my question was has any one got a guide on fitting them are they hard to fit? is there any bleeding involved like with braklines?

any help would be much appriceated :unsure: