diff query

can somebody please verify what i have heard can you swap the front differential with a back differential just by turning it upside down, been to morocco on a off road trip with a few friends and unfortunately the front diff bearing has a bit of a wobble and oil has leaked out but my 21 year old 90 got me home ok i have been offered a rear diff and told just turn it upside down and it will be ok

cheers

warren

post-6063-1222881048_thumb.jpg

If you have a Def diff it will fit both front and rear. No need to turn upside down. In fact I don't think you can turn it over. As long as the spline count is the same all should be well :rolleyes:

If you have a Def diff it will fit both front and rear. No need to turn upside down. In fact I don't think you can turn it over. As long as the spline count is the same all should be well :rolleyes:

it is going to come of a M reg disco thats waiting to be scrapped

Is that not a 24 spl diff then. I asume that by the age of yours (21yrs) you'll have 10 spl. So would not fit unless you change shafts as well.

I see Jamie is watching this so expect some tech knowledge to be parted with shortly ;)

think you will be better changing them for a pair of disco ones 24 splines abit better and stronger

you could pick up a pair for not much you will have to change the rear input flange for a 4 bolt hole one but thats easy enough

dave