Rear ARB spacers?

Afternoon all,

On the rear of my 130 it has superb ****e scrapiron mega HD springs with about 2" of lift, so far the springs are good and i dont want to change them, it also has decarbs presumably also +2" (it came like this).

The problem is that everytime i go anywhere near a slightly twist section the ARB links flip over so that they upwards from the axle like the front ones do instead of down, this has bent them abit and strains the bushes.

No i have seen/heard of these arb spacers that fit inbetween the rubber bush/clamp and the chassis mounting points, whilst i appreciate that fitting these will return the arb to its correct orientation as such will it stop it flipping over?

They should be hanging down like this (pic nicked from one of unlce les' tech posts)

gallery_2_503_43005.jpg

But after going over a small axle twister they effectivly flip upwards and end up jammed against the spring seats.

I do not seek more articulation or to make the disconnectable or to change suspension just to stop them flipping!

Cheers, Will.

Guest diesel_jim

When I fitted the rear antirollbar to my project110, I had a problem, as I had a Pre Td5 rollbar (straight, without the kink in the middle) but the Td5 tank protruded down too far.

So I made some spacers up to lower the mounting point (on the chassis) down a bit, which I reckon might do the job for you too. mine has 130 twin springs on the back as well, and looking at how it would mount, if the tank wasn't in the way, it (the AR bar) would be at quite an angle of dangle, so lowering the back of it slightly has moved it back into its "normal" operating position, and moved it slightly closer back to the axle.

post-130-1222978085_thumb.jpg

post-130-1222978114_thumb.jpg

post-130-1222978189_thumb.jpg

Remember that an ARB could be renamed an 'anti-articulation bar'. If going off-road (bar just dirt roads) I disconnect mine, swing the ends back and tie it up with wire. If I forget to connect it up as I normally do, I can't say it makes much difference if any at all.

Yep jim i am fully aware of the stiffness an arb brings in off road situations but the 130 rarley sees them and if it is off road it usualy has a fair bit of weight in the back so tends to articulate nicley anywhoo.

Its hard to say due to the different springs springs but our old 110 hicap would wallow like hell with a pack of blocks in the back yet this 130 even when the rear tub was heaped over with type one(betting near to 2 tons) handled fine in the roll axis its just the rest of it was a little odd :lol:

Will.