Getting my 300 tdi to run

Hello one and all.

I know I've been asking a lot of questions the last week or two but I really need help with this one.

I have a 300 tdi engine mounted where my V8 used to be.

I have managed to sort the ignition wiring and I now have a constant 12v supply wire (when key in normal running postion) and one that is a 12v supply when the ignition is used (spring loaded key position for starting)

My questions are, where do I connect these!

I'm sorry for all these seemingly stupid questions but I'm so closed to finishing my dream landy, I just want to hear it run!.

Thanks in advance

Andi

PS I'm alwyas greatfull for any help.

Have you connected the solenoid valve on the pump to a wire that is fed even when the starter is engaged? That's a must to get it started.

One or both of the two wires that you have "over" might be the ones to use... Frankly, I don't know much about V8 wiring, but they can be for the ignition coil. One wire feeding full 12 v when starting and the other through a resistance after it has started.

And of course, I can be completely wrong... :unsure:

"12v when the key is on the ignition live postition, normal running position"

Does this wire remain live when the ignition key is turned to the spring loaded 'start' position?

If so, connect this to the stop solenoid in the injection pump.

If this wire does not remain live, look at the wire that is ONLY live when the key is in the start position. Is there another wire like this on the back of the ignition switch, possibly White Red, and going to the starter motor solenoid small spade terminal?

OK, The wire that is live in both positions, run and starting, will go to the solenoid, so that it will be operated in both the Start and Run positions.

The wire that is only live in the starting position will go to the Starter solenoid, as I said earlier.

Cheers.