winches what do you think

pinny

im looking to get a winch not to use all the time ive looked on ebay at item no250310168433 for 235 pound has any one got one of these and what do you think or should i look for something more expensive your thoughts please chris

im looking to get a winch not to use all the time ive looked on ebay at item no250310168433 for 235 pound has any one got one of these and what do you think or should i look for something more expensive your thoughts please chris

I have myself this winch

have only had to use it a handful of times and it has never let me down. the cheaper winches seem fine for the occasional times the are used, but if your going to use it often the spend more money and get a warn, superwinch

That winch looks ok but one thing i will say is

you quoted it has never let you down but on some of the cheaper 1's if you dnt keep on top of the water and the mud ingress 1 day you will rely on it and there will be nothing there all you will get is a click

so id keep on top of it

Nobby

Hi,

I bought a 12000 lb 'extreme terrain' winch from winch solutions on ebay, about 18 months ago. ( Roughly £220 ).

I threw away the solenoid and wireless control and added an albright solenoid, up in the wing.

I had to buy a wiring extension kit to enable it to reach the battery under my passenger seat.

I used it very occasionally - for recovery, before buying a woodland a few months ago.

I've used it weekly for the last few months to pull down / drag trees around.

It's been well worth the money.

It's slow but been reliable.

I can go to sleep at night without worrying whether it will still be there in the morning ( which I couldn't do with a decent one ).

Dave