300 TDi Disco Rear Light Upgrade

mpb

A mate has a late 300 TDi Disco & he's not happy with the rear lights. It's only got the tail lights in the rear bumper & not in the body work. We would like to upgrade them so he has lights in the bumper & body work.

Is it just a matter of getting a set of 200TDi Disco rear lights & plugging them in or do we need to modify the wiring. I take it we will need a heavy duty flasher relay to get all the indicators flashing without trailer tell-tail in the cab. Has anybody got the part number for this relay.

Is the rear wiper, ecu controlled or relay controlled on this vehicle. If it's relay controlled where is it mounted please. With a new motor all the wiper does is one sweep of the back window then stops working. Any ideas please.

Many thanks

A mate has a late 300 TDi Disco & he's not happy with the rear lights. It's only got the tail lights in the rear bumper & not in the body work. We would like to upgrade them so he has lights in the bumper & body work.

Is it just a matter of getting a set of 200TDi Disco rear lights & plugging them in or do we need to modify the wiring. I take it we will need a heavy duty flasher relay to get all the indicators flashing without trailer tell-tail in the cab. Has anybody got the part number for this relay.

Is the rear wiper, ecu controlled or relay controlled on this vehicle. If it's relay controlled where is it mounted please. With a new motor all the wiper does is one sweep of the back window then stops working. Any ideas please.

Many thanks

Hi I had the same issue and my Disco was a 1998 Spec, all i did was change the 2 rear light clusters as all the wiring was there and the relay was the correct one anyway.

If you just check that the wiring plug to the rear cluster has more wires going to it than pins there are in the existing socket in the old cluster if it does then the wiring is correct for the earlier cluster with indicators and tail lights.

Hope this helps

You will be after tail lamp assemblies that have four bulb holders. They were fitted to some 300 series disco as standard, my 1997 model has them.

The parts book is not too clear on discription but try AMR1295 RH and AMR1294 LH

Flasher relay is YWT10002L may be, it depends on VIN as there a few to choose from.

Rear wiper relay YWB10032L Green it depends on VIN and located LH foot well A post is that driver or passenger side I don't know. The wiper sweeps four times then switches to a short delay with a single sweep.