Subwoofer In Rear Door

ashtray

Has anyone tried using the internal space in the rear door of a disco as storage, i havnt removed the door cars to check for clearance yet but was thinking of installing a 10" sub (partially) and amp into the rear door. Anyone got any decent pictures of a disco rear door with any mods, or without the door card attached, is there enough room for a few things, maybe a small compressor? id rather i didnt clog up the boot with carp . any ideas?

I think there's enough weight already on the back door and the hinges without adding a 10" speaker and an amp to it.

You wouldn't get an amp through the access holes in the inner door panel that's behind the door card.

Has anyone tried using the internal space in the rear door of a disco as storage, i havnt removed the door cars to check for clearance yet but was thinking of installing a 10" sub (partially) and amp into the rear door. Anyone got any decent pictures of a disco rear door with any mods, or without the door card attached, is there enough room for a few things, maybe a small compressor? id rather i didnt clog up the boot with carp . any ideas?

ts just so happens i do -

i recently had to replace lock barrel -

i do not want to put original door card back-

i intend to use tread plate in stead.

there is not much room -

my speakers fit into a pod that attahces to the outside of the door card.

the door card also has a storage pouch.

if you need pics let me know happy to taker them.

Big John

post-11040-1225383328_thumb.jpg

i see what you mean about no room, thanks for the pics big john. hmm, ill have to remove the tread plate then, ill see if it can be done, might be nice to see it work though, may require some butchering though. if i can get it done ill post up the pics.

thanks to all!

i see what you mean about no room, thanks for the pics big john. hmm, ill have to remove the tread plate then, ill see if it can be done, might be nice to see it work though, may require some butchering though. if i can get it done ill post up the pics.

thanks to all!

please see the two pictures -

on my door card the right hand pod is where the un it in the other picture is located.

the loom for all this is inside the door - square plug on the end.

hope this helps.

i did also think you could sacrifice one of the little side seats in the back.

Big John

post-11040-1225474169_thumb.jpg

post-11040-1225474191_thumb.jpg