de cat pipe 300 tdi disco 1 96

k9unit

I replaced mine with a downpipe from a 300Tdi 110... it has no flexi in it but has made no difference to the noise or vibration, but made a noticeable difference to the performance, and was only about £20...

So did I but, I was just supplying the info asked for :D .

Pete.

Yep, It's ESR2297.

Taken from the tech archive thread on how to replace it. clicky

Pete.

Once you get rid of the cat, also remove the centre box & weld a piece of straight pipe in place.....

She'll rumble a bit more & use less fuel & do better when you stand on the peddle.

You can then tweak the injection pump & then she'll go a bit.

As far as the law goes, as long as you have at least 1 silencer, the MOT guy will accept it.

If you fiddle with the injection pump settings, remember / draw the settings for reference & reset the pump to original factory settings before MOT, as the smoke level will be too high.

Filthy

best to change air filter to a free flow type as well to try and keep fuel/air mix right, me I went down the Twisted Performance route, intercooler,silicone pipes,stainless exhaust system air filter and pump tweak the sound would keep J Clarkson (top gear) happy and the get up and go surprises most car drivers, I am the one with the ear to ear grin when I hit the loud pedal.

best to change air filter to a free flow type as well to try and keep fuel/air mix right, me I went down the Twisted Performance route, intercooler,silicone pipes,stainless exhaust system air filter and pump tweak the sound would keep J Clarkson (top gear) happy and the get up and go surprises most car drivers, I am the one with the ear to ear grin when I hit the loud pedal.

I Like the loud pedal, only problem is, bits break when the volume goes up too often - bummer, cos I like the tune.