disco v8 starting problems ?

inchman

hi all, i just bought a 1997 v8 disco. i bought it knowing it wasnt starting and hadnt been started in 2 years. I had done some surfing on here and other forums and thought " i bet its the spider "

so i got the disco home today, new battery, new battery in the key fobe, and tried to start it. inginition lights came on but when i switched the key to start nothing happened. i installed the spider bypass (landrover part ) tried again. still no start ( not cranking ) . I ran a wire down to the top of the starter solenoid and with the ignition on, touched the wire on the battery .. started after about 2 second.

i was shocked but she's running very sweet. its still not starting with the key. the central locking isnt working, the alarm is a two button one and seems to be doing nothing. has any body any suggestions to solve this and the starting problem.

sorry for the long post, are'nt V8 sweet running

cheers Gary.

ps. ive posted this on an other forum trying to get as much info as possibe.

First of all get your self a Haynes service/repair manual for the disco that will help you out with these 'little' probs.

Your problems at the moment 'could be' ignition switch faulty and the CL master actuator in the drivers door faulty.

There's lots of info on alarms not functioning in various forums that's a common problem.

Im wondering if you need to programme the fob to the car again,there is a way that you can do it but i cant find it at the momment,maybe its in the owners hand book?My first discovery was a v8 on a n plate and boy did i love that car but i didnt love the fuel consumption.Best of luck fella.

i was trying to sync the fobe to the alarm today. nothing happened so i had a good look around the wiring, i noticed that there was a connector unpugged from a geen box in the passanger side footwell. i plugged it in and straight a way it started to tick and the indicators flashed very quickly. the ticking and flashing stopped as soon as i switched the ignition on but still no start with key and the fobe wont sync , any ideas ????

cheers Gary