Axle Stands - How tall should they be

Madcowz

Hi,

I have asked my parents for a set of axle stands for Christmas (wife refuses to buy anything Land Rover related as that is all I ever spend my time on and I never talk to her or spend time with the kids or... moan...whine...moan etc).

Little does she know that over the Festive period I plan on doing the cam belt and installing the Mud Console that Father Christmas might just buy himself, er I mean me. ;)

The car set I have are too small and even on full extension only just reach the axle so no use for the One Ten.

I had a look in PMA and they had a few pairs for sale but I wasn't sure how much reach they should have.

What sort of height axle stands should I get?

thanks,

i've got a set of draper as2000's that are rated at 2000kg per stand, so more than meaty enough for a landrover. they have a max height of 520mm, and are plenty high enough for normal use - good value too.

if you go round to your local pratco branch, they may have some TMAS2500 stands in stock. or may be able to order them in (if they can find stock - as they are in short supply) and they are 2500kg capacity, and are only £28.50 per pair at the moment. not sure on height though, no specs in the catalogue or on the offer leaflet.