Wayfarer Vistors Box

Paul Humphreys

(quote) Well, there's some sort of wierdo wandering about on the Wayfarer! Whilst passing by today, noticed that the box, so kindly donated by CRAG, was missing. Either it's been unscrewed and the screws replaced, or it's been wrenched from it's position. And it's not only 4x4 drivers unhappy about this - a group of about twelve cyclists were quite vociferous in condemnation of whoever's removed it.

Is another one a liklihood?

Regards,

John

(quote)

I have just seen this on another forum, Dose anyone know anything or when it was last seen?

Paul

Hi All,

As some of you will know the box on top of the Wayfarer, North Wales was vandalised and removed from where The Countryside Recreational Access Group (CRAG) had replaced it after the old one that had been there for about 30 years had been vandalised. I went up there this morning to see it I could find it. I did find it as you can see in picture 2, picture 1 is where it was removed from.

The other pictures, 3 and 4, are the state of the box. Lucky enough the signing books were still in the box, so not lost this time.

I (CRAG) will do my/our best to get box fixed back in place by the weekend. Hopefully it will stay in place this time.

Paul

PS If you can not see the pics then pm me an email address and I will send them.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Just to let people know. I have replaced the Box and books at the top of the Wayfarer. There will be a write up and pictures on www.crag-uk.org as soon as I get it done. Many thanks to Richard of www.mill-services.com for making and donating the box.

Paul