help

MAB

Please H E L P !!! :( as anyone had this fault on 02 td5 starts ok runs for 30 secs and then the engine tries and throws itshelf out of the car seems has though it is missing once the car as reached normal working temp it appears to run ok but you can still get the same symtom but not as pronounced car as covered 48k from new . I am new to the td5 auto and dont really know alot about them.I have just bought the car and if it somethng sinister with the engine I will have to return it the get it repaired before the warranty is out.any help anyone can give advice before i pull me eyebrows out got no hair left now. :blink:

No idea but it sounds like you should start waving the warranty at somebody before it is too late. Have you only just got the car? could possiblyreturn it as not fit for purpose?

thanks for your reply just come off the phone with the dealer as said he would send someone out to it on monday.I have only had the car exactly 1 week. Will check to see if 14 day cooling off period applies. not to sure with cars etc.I have spoken to a few friends who are quite knowledgable with LR but they have not come across it before .

I was thinking it may be a cracked ring once heat built up expansion is sealing the compression hence then running more or less ok when warmed up :blink: just grabing at straws now. nothing like buying a new car with a fault to get your blood boiling. should of stuck with me old 200tdi .

Could be one of the 'normal' problems, oil in the harness, injector washers, air in the fuel, etc etc ad nauseam.

Let us know what they do to fix it

Hi to everyone

just got up after drowning my sorrows last knight. did manage to get old of a friend who gave a list to check more or less the same as what you are saying .have a bit of breaky and i will go check the oil etc.

let you know soon , thank all for the replies.

Could be one of the 'normal' problems, oil in the harness, injector washers, air in the fuel, etc etc ad nauseam.

Let us know what they do to fix it

just check the oil it appears to be ok no sign of diesel in it feels ok and does not smell of diesel.not checked harness as I may invalidate the warranty.got to wait until engineer turns up from dealer to check for that one.

will have to wait another day. at least I know it is not the fuel leaking into the engine oil sump.

will let all know the outcome when sorted .