accelerator cable for 1985/4

when I originally ordered the cable from Land Rover, they returned with a price of €50+ for the cable + €60+ for a bracket, saying that the older cable is not stocked now. It was the best I could do to remember my manners, not to laugh in their faces :lol: :lol: :lol: particularly as, in the intervening time I'd ordered a cable from a company that rhymes with haddock for not much more than a tenner. Laughing would have been impolitic just in case I ever need a part from them in the future, besides the girl who works there is quite sweet. As I then refused a set of 20 screws minimum at €1 plus per screw for the lid of the Zenith carb, I wasn't Mr popular that day :D :D :D However I now think I see the point in replacing the bracket, at least, although the pricing policy is still laughable..

original cable:

engine side fitting [on cable sleeve]:

gallery_45_13_14431.png

pedal side fitting [on cable sleeve]:

gallery_45_13_5151.png

whole cable assembly [without the broken central cable]

gallery_45_13_80001.png

NTC2743 is what I ordered from the 1987 manual; does anybody know whether I could get the original cable at all [what part number?], or whether I'm lumbered with modifying the whole business?

cheers

Hi,

I had a similar issue with my B reg 90. I modified the existing bracket. It was a few years ago, but I remeber it taking something like 10 minutes with a round file to enlarge the hole in the bracket sufficently. Saved a few ££££

Adrian

NTC2743 is what I ordered from the 1987 manual; does anybody know whether I could get the original cable at all [what part number?], or whether I'm lumbered with modifying the whole business?

cheers

NTC2734 isn't available any more as you have found out, it's not listed in my Jan 05 microcat parts info, so use the later one & modify as above :D

that sounds a good idea. It just so happens I've got a round file here..

So that's funny, craddocks may have sent a later cable as NTC2743, it shows as NTC2743 on the invoice, although I haven't still got the wrapper, so can't double check; the part number shows on their site as for "2.5 diesel 90/110 up to 1990". I was more worried that NTC2743 itself may have been a later replacement for the 1985 cable — unless when you say, Ralph, NTC2734, that was deliberate. Still, as I've got it now, the round file'll be in action in a few hours.

that sounds a good idea. It just so happens I've got a round file here..

So that's funny, craddocks may have sent a later cable as NTC2743, it shows as NTC2743 on the invoice, although I haven't still got the wrapper, so can't double check; the part number shows on their site as for "2.5 diesel 90/110 up to 1990". I was more worried that NTC2743 itself may have been a later replacement for the 1985 cable — unless when you say, Ralph, NTC2734, that was deliberate. Still, as I've got it now, the round file'll be in action in a few hours.

Sorry I fouled up got 2 digits in wrong place :o EPC tells me ntc2743 is available for 2.5TD & 2.5N/A diesels. :D