painting with cellulose??

Has anyone got any top tips for painting with cellulose like how much to thin by what sort of grit to use to prep the old paint beneath??

Hi James,

Its a big topic, the preperation is the key with various grades of paper to sand down with (and usually lots of it) and depending on the paint you are going onto you may need to spray an inhibitor on it first in case the paint reacts to the old stuff depending on what it is (dont ask me how I know :D ).

I dont want to scare you off just give you a heads up.

I would recommend going into a back street paintshop and have a chat with someone or even your local paint supplier.

Everyone starts at this point at some time, if you read through your Haynes workshop manual some of the basics are covered there.

A nice warm garage and plenty of coffee are essential for this time of year :D .

I would recommend you set aside a bit of time (depending on the job, full respray or a dent? ) a bit of patience and lots of elbow grease but if you put the prep in properly a good job can be achieved.

A proper grown up will be along soon to give more detail but the above is from my limited experience of painitng.

HTH and all the best.

Cheers

G :)