MOT question re wheel spats / tyres sticking out

Ben Spray

........ a set of Yokahama Mud tyres on which were half way out of the arches!

That is very obvious and 'in your face' illegal to everyone.

We should ALL not forget the insurance issues here. If we rang our insurance companies and told them that our vehicle was driven on the road in obvious contravention of the Construction and Use Regulations we know what they would say!

Similarly, after a nasty accident, the insurancs assessor would get within fifty yards and see that the vehicle is illegal and he has the perfect reason to declare your insurance null and void.

Extended wheel arches are cheaper!

Let's ALL be careful out there! ;)

Bob.

Not wanting to hijack, but as my S 111 rebuild will soon be making it's way to the testers I was wondering if it will fail without doors given that under ‘doors’ on the MOT site it says

‘This inspection does not apply if no driver's or front passenger's doors were fitted as part of the original design of the vehicle…’ and on the LR Series they were 'originally designed' to be removable..?

Thoughts / experiences?

Not wanting to hijack, but as my S 111 rebuild will soon be making it's way to the testers I was wondering if it will fail without doors given that under ‘doors’ on the MOT site it says

‘This inspection does not apply if no driver's or front passenger's doors were fitted as part of the original design of the vehicle…’ and on the LR Series they were 'originally designed' to be removable..?

Thoughts / experiences?

The series 111, infact all L/Rs WHERE originaly designed with doors, the fact that series 1 doors can be lifted off is neither nor there. No doors....FAIL.

A component of the steering mechanism, road wheels or tyres fouling any part of the vehicle. So it should have failed

That's what he dragged out after a considerable time, but the wording is 'fouling so as to affect its operation' and neither he nor I could see that kissing it to remove paint was affecting the steering, so I landed a pass (and a flea in my ear about next year's test :D)

That's what he dragged out after a considerable time, but the wording is 'fouling so as to affect its operation' and neither he nor I could see that kissing it to remove paint was affecting the steering, so I landed a pass (and a flea in my ear about next year's test :D)

Just me being pedantic and pointing out the wording is there. I'm sure I'd have just passed and advised. ;)