Buxton and district Northern series challenge dates

MrHT

These are the proposed dates for our series.

FEB 21-22

APRIL 25-26

MAY 16-17

JULY 25-26

OCT 24-25

DEC 12-13

The series will be based on best of 4 for the final trophy.

Each event will have a slightly different orientation rather than the basic punch hunt.

Any questions please??

Venues?

Team events or single entries?

Single day or two day events?

Single malt or blended? :P

First venue to be confirmed as holymoorside. july and december should be Wormhough

All team recovery

all taking 2 days

single malt

Cost,?

Exact formatt?

MSA or otherwise

Will it change format/published start times without notice?

Exact sites?

Single vehicle enteries, or is it teams, and can teams alter through series?

MOT/Road tax required?

Rules and reg's?

Is it OK just to do the odd one if there's space?

Is there proper parking and camping facilities at the unknown sites and can Wormhough be improved?

Cost for pre booking full series (only if all above can be answered first)?

You asked for questions

Cost,?

Exact formatt?

MSA or otherwise

Will it change format/published start times without notice?

Exact sites?

Single vehicle enteries, or is it teams, and can teams alter through series?

MOT/Road tax required?

Rules and reg's?

Is it OK just to do the odd one if there's space?

Is there proper parking and camping facilities at the unknown sites and can Wormhough be improved?

Cost for pre booking full series (only if all above can be answered first)?

You asked for questions

To right I'll work on these and let you know with in the day or so.

MSA

75 per event

the rest will follow shortly after we have sorted out the debacle that was our organisation last weekend and set our rules out in stone

first site has excelnt parking

wormhough will be improved as far as punches are concerend but as for parking I think I'll have to appoint a parking monitor

Matt is working on the sites at the moment.

how's that for a start

First venue to be confirmed as holymoorside. july and december should be Wormhough

All team recovery

all taking 2 days

single malt

isn't holymoorside smaller than wormhough and don't you have to park on the road.

why team events, i think you would get more interest if it was singles as some find it hard to get a team together.

why 2 days, after last time you would probably find i easier to organise a 1 day event using saturday to set up.

and mine's a boddie's

holymoorside is more dense than wormhough and the parking is 10 times better we could get a full compliment of caravans and cars and trailers on there with very litttle fuss.

I can understand why some people prefer single events but there is noone really doing team events. I would rather have 10 teams than 40 singles it's not about the quantity it's about the enjoyment.

After last time we are making some changes to the whole organisation. Don't forget that was only the second event we as a team had put on andwe have all got to start somewhere.

Things I have learnt

1. Stick to what you published and don't be persauaded by what other people think

2. Keep it simple and stupid don't try and over complicate things.

3. Get more people i can trust to help set out the way I see things so that the load can be halfed and done twice as fast.

Matt and eric have the paperwork sorted things just need to be clearer.

I'm currently looking at investing alot more of the clubs money in the events to ensure the events look and run alot better.

holymoorside is more dense than wormhough and the parking is 10 times better we could get a full compliment of caravans and cars and trailers on there with very litttle fuss.

I can understand why some people prefer single events but there is noone really doing team events. I would rather have 10 teams than 40 singles it's not about the quantity it's about the enjoyment.

After last time we are making some changes to the whole organisation. Don't forget that was only the second event we as a team had put on andwe have all got to start somewhere.

Things I have learnt

1. Stick to what you published and don't be persauaded by what other people think

2. Keep it simple and stupid don't try and over complicate things.

3. Get more people i can trust to help set out the way I see things so that the load can be halfed and done twice as fast.

Matt and eric have the paperwork sorted things just need to be clearer.

I'm currently looking at investing alot more of the clubs money in the events to ensure the events look and run alot better.

How far up North are these events going to be. Do you know what sites are going to be used.

• 1 month later...

Our new paper work is now availible.

The series will be based on best 4 events. We are offering discounts to those wishing to sign up for 3 events £25 off 6 events £75 off.

If you wish to sign up for all 6 events and don't wich to pay all the money stright up then we can come to an arrangement about paying off over a few months, depending on your cercumstances.