Leak - Breather?

westonben

Could do with a clean, but what is the question?

Just wondered where the fluid has arrived from... any ideas?

Wow, that picture of yours was it taken recently? 1997? It's very difficult to keep the car clean over here, the sand gets everywhere. Plus I'm too busy driving it to and from the garage to clean the engine bay :rolleyes:

All the white staining on the rockercover hints at a coolant leak somewhere. The liquid in the pic looks too thin to be oil so i would check the heater hoses that run above that rocker cover carefully! Maybe just a pin prick hole in one of the hoses, have you been losing any coolant?

Hi westonben If you wash down the rocker cover you would see where let leaks are coming from oil could be from the base of the breather may just requires a twist to screew tighter into the cover there's a 'O' ring at the base. But it does look like coolant, as mentioned by orangemach5 again may that a hose clip requires a tighten.

The pic was taken two weeks ago and "sand gets everywhere" so where is your location in the World?

Hi westonben If you wash down the rocker cover you would see where let leaks are coming from oil could be from the base of the breather may just requires a twist to screew tighter into the cover there's a 'O' ring at the base. But it does look like coolant, as mentioned by orangemach5 again may that a hose clip requires a tighten.

The pic was taken two weeks ago and "sand gets everywhere" so where is your location in the World?

You're right it's definately coolant. I can see the green colour to it. Not immediately obvious where it's coming from though. Which pipes are coolant around there? The one just to the right of the breather appears to be fine.

Oh, and I'm based in Qatar. The disco is our second car, just used for trips to the dunes....