300tdi disco vac pump

k9unit

I reckon it'll take you a littel bit longer than 15 mins, but as cipx2 said, its not a hard job.

Just make sure you get the gasket on the right way around, as the holes are not equally spaced.

cheers mate

any bleeding or purging needed

paul

Had mine off last night to redo the gasket and to seal a leak in the riveted gasket on the outside of the unit. 15 mins sounds about right for removal. I removed the vertical crankcase breather pipe first to make it a bit easier (2 jubilee clips). There are 6 x 10mm bolts holding the unit to the block and you may need a screwdriver to ease the vacuum pipe from the outlet. The other thing I did on advice from Haynes was to set No1 piston to TDC. I did this by lying underneath and looking into the bell housing at the flywheel while turning the crankshaft nut (27mm) until the obvious slot appears. Apparently in this position the pump is off-cam so much easier to get back on!

A tip is to have a stool or something handy to stand on (I have a large block of wood) as it makes life much easier when reaching into the depths of the engine bay!

Nominal specs:

1. Type of operation: Piston

2. Lubrication: circular pressure lubrication

3. Capacity: 85 cc

4. Operating speed: 5000

5. Port threads: Pipe Ø 9mm + 1x Ø 11mm

6. Mounting: 6x Ø 8.5mm

7. Drive: Camshaft

8. Typical performance curves:

post-1725-1229449988_thumb.jpg