300tdi exhaust hangers

Having a look at doing my gearbox mounts today, while I was under there I noticed the spare hanger on the downpipe. It occured to me that it should be hung up somewhere. Is there supposed to be a bracket or arm on the gearbox mount? I originally had a NAD2.5 so the other bracket you can see is a cobble using a long bolt/crush tube and off shelf hanger.

pictures aren't the best but as they say are probably worth including.

post-9088-1229785356_thumb.jpg

picture 1 shows the spare hanger on the downpipe (engine to top right) And my bracket which is holding the centre box front hanger.

post-9088-1229785380_thumb.jpg

and round the other side of the centrebox is the rubber donut.

post-9088-1229785397_thumb.jpg

bottom pic is the empty hanger and the bit of gearbox bracket.

I'm hoping someone has a pic from manual or can tell me if I need a bracket/bits to bolt together. :unsure:

Looking at it now the setup isn't too convincing as there will be a fair amount of flex when the engine moves about. and the first hanger is bolted to the chassis and holds the centre box :( ?????

Pete

Thanks Les.

looking at your pic I have an extra hanger on my downpipe, we both have the same hanger and rubber donut going backwards 2-3" after the flange in between downpipe and centre section. My extra exhaust hanger is about 2 inches the other way (forward of the join of downpipe and centre box towards the engine side). I wondered after seeing another exhaust pic on here if it should be fixed to a bracket/bush the gearbox area to stop the downpipe flexing?

I won't worry now after seeing your pics. I guess someone has added it for some purpose? The downpipe was supplied as part of my parcel of bits when I put the 300 in. The downpipe has also been cut and re-welded at some point. To remove/refit? it looks like a good weld though so I never messed.

I think it all may have been taken from a 90 so may have a different downpipe? This is the only bit I kept as I had a new centre/rear box.

Pete