Frreelander A-Bar

Declan303

according to the nanny sorry i meant government site i just looked at it would be illegal to fit that bullbar to your vehicle, having said that i have the same or similar fitted to mine [2000 L series] with driving lamps fitted and to be honest it makes it a pain to reach anything under the bonnet, if it wasnt there i wouldnt miss it

I've just spoken to the taste police and they say it's illegal to fit that. :ph34r:

Yeah, that's their way of saying that they don't have a clue what yer talkin about

(if your police is the same as them w*nkers overhere that is)

As it's one big happy europe now i think them rules are a bit the same now.....

.. here it is something like if yer car is 2003/2008 then you can't have a solid a-bar and companies can't sell you any new ones.

There are loads of lil companies that can make you a very nice one-off for the same price as normally a new one would cost you tho (for if your car is pre-2003)

Buying a secondhand a-bar for your pre-2003 car isn't illegal .... selling your secondhand a-bar isn't illegal.

(so WESTENDER could sell his to Declan303 if he wants ;) )

Them rules are all for safety.

With a steel a-bar you can kill someone instantly when you hit them .... with the foamyrubber one you hit them and they end up being a drooling nappywearing plant in a wheelchair for the rest of their lives costing us all shiploads of money without them getting better which is ofcourse much more humane.

.... for real ... when it would happen to me I hope the bloke has fitted a full brushbar with winch 'n lights

• 2 weeks later...