300tdi to a N/A

titan

i been offered the chance to buy a 300tdi disco but its had a n/a put in it the n/a is a referb and is a sound engine the disco is a 2door aswell but will the engine make that much difference ????

need a bit of help disiding it will be a family runner rather than an a play toy got the 90 for that

any help much apperiated

A n/a in a Discovery!!! :huh::huh:

Im surprised it can even move :rofl::rofl:

If its got the Discovery transfer box you will never get to use 5th gear :lol::lol:

:lol:

thanks m8 i think im going to take it for a quick drive before i dicide i may just get it anyway and chuck a 300tdi back in it

cheers for the help

not sure i was only aware of the 2.5 and took it as though it would be that one will have to check when i go back down on friday

sorry mate should of explained i wondered if it had anything other than a lr engine put in it i think there is a 2.8 engine for the disco someone will correct me if im wrong chris

sorry mate should of explained i wondered if it had anything other than a lr engine put in it i think there is a 2.8 engine for the disco someone will correct me if im wrong chris

i just been looking at the site it dosnt say anything about it being a A/N im wondering if the bloke i spoken to got it wronge still ill find out when i go down but the add dose say its a 2495cc so if it is a A/N its a 2.5

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_...200851325565113

i just been looking at the site it dosnt say anything about it being a A/N im wondering if the bloke i spoken to got it wronge still ill find out when i go down but the add dose say its a 2495cc so if it is a A/N its a 2.5

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_...200851325565113

this is the one at the hythe looks tidy from driving past its a m plate aint it just lift the bonnet look for a turbo i would think its got a 300tdi lump chris

this is the one at the hythe looks tidy from driving past its a m plate aint it just lift the bonnet look for a turbo i would think its got a 300tdi lump chris

yep is the one from the hythe just notice your in colchester lol he may be willing to do a good deal for my current car after the recent trip its too small so need a disco or range rover

2.5 N/A in a Disco would just be so wrong - damned funny though.

I doubt the engine is 'new' - £1400 is teensy bit cheap if it was.

Looks quite tidy from the pictures though.

Les.

when i went down i just had a quick look to be hounest normal stuff chassis etc but didnt get a chance to look at the engine kids playing up it looks worth the asking price even if i do have to drop the lump and put a new one in i know some where i may be able to get a good 300tdi :ph34r:

when i went down i just had a quick look to be hounest normal stuff chassis etc but didnt get a chance to look at the engine kids playing up it looks worth the asking price even if i do have to drop the lump and put a new one in i know some where i may be able to get a good 300tdi :ph34r:

is the blue one for sale there as well

he got a blue V8i in but it needs a new water pump so wont be up for sale till mid jan he said after a good clean it will be a nice motor got a few mods on it too think its on a N plate

i only saw the back of it as i went past earlier but the other is still there

Its not bad for a 300tdi from a dealer.

I definatly wouldn't get it if it has a N/A engine in it, it aint that cheap. if you dont mind doing a bit of work then i'd keep looking as there are some real bargains about,

I got a 1996 300tdi with a rebuilt turner engine in it for £600, just needed inner wings welding up.

I nearly bought a 1998 V8 last month needing a bumper for £400.

My mate got a 200tdi needing a boot floor for £400, see here http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=34805

There's a 2door 200tdi down the road needing a boot floor up for £500, PM me if your interested as it's only 20mins from colchester.

Its not bad for a 300tdi from a dealer.

I definatly wouldn't get it if it has a N/A engine in it, it aint that cheap. if you dont mind doing a bit of work then i'd keep looking as there are some real bargains about,

I got a 1996 300tdi with a rebuilt turner engine in it for £600, just needed inner wings welding up.

I nearly bought a 1998 V8 last month needing a bumper for £400.

My mate got a 200tdi needing a boot floor for £400, see here http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=34805

There's a 2door 200tdi down the road needing a boot floor up for £500, PM me if your interested as it's only 20mins from colchester.

just read this :(

just so happens the engine was a 300tdi so no worries it safe here now with just a few bits needed but thanks i was after a deal as i need to shift my megan and i got a straight swap so lost a few quid but everyone happy

now for a list of jobs

new windscreen (insurence will sort if i cant get it done )

fuel gage stuck on empty after i filled it up

new back box

probbly get some new tyre soon and thats about it then i can concerntrate on the 90 rebuild :rolleyes:

oh pinny that blue disco is a V8i n reg he putting a new water pump on it and it will be going up for about £900 he said

fuel gage stuck on empty after i filled it up

Normally the sender - simple to do, lift up carpet in boot, remove access panel unscrew large plastic cap type bit (might need a tap with a screwdriver and hammer), withdraw.

Hope that helps