fitting rear mounted rad

hello, (he says shuffling nervously...) i`ve never been in here before, please be gentle with me!!!

i`m building a "bitsa" off roader, its got an early RR chassis shortened to 88 inch with a defender bulkhead, screen + front, series rear tub and 3.5 v8 on carbs with a 4 spd manual box...

i`ve been toying with the idea of rear mounting the radiator, (its apparently a re-con 3.5 v8 RR rad, but RRs arent my area of experteese) but i was wondering how you lot thats done it went about it...

i`ve seen them mounted on the rear cage, but i`ve never seen one close enough to see what you do with the hoses - do the run through the cabin, or on the chassis rails???

also does the standard water pump have enough power to circulate the water, or do you have to fit some kind of extra pump?

and is there anything else to consider like extra bleed points in the system???

thanks all in advance for your help...

we have recently put a 3.9 v8 auto into a 88" coilsprung chassis for trailing.

We used the original rad, mounted in a frame and used a mondeo fan mounted on the back with a protective mesh to stop fingers being removed.linked out the auto cooler bit as it only runs for 5 mins a time.

It has been piped up with some large bore copper tubing i had lying around ,42mm? i think, and some hoses cobbled together.

The tubes run internal, straightest route, but could be mounted beside the chassis rails if required.

You MUST mount the expansion/header tank higher than the top of the rad, try to get a bleed point on th highest point, the rr engine has a plug on top of the waterway.

water pumps fine, good cooling and not getting smashed in every 5 mins!