td5....started then stopped!

I ended up going up to the plain yesterday. Gave the td5 a sight dunking and did around 60 miles no probs.

VERY cold last night...-7!

Started ok this morning left it ticking over,when i came out it had stopped. No whirring noises from the pump?

when i tried to re start it there is a yellow sign on the dash, bottom rhs that looks ike a little bowl with a drip off the bottom?

Fuse is OK and the relays pulling in?

Can some one talk me throught the td5 fuel system so i cn change some filters etc

next time you go up the plain you better site by the side watch ha ha then pull me out when i get stuck. :P

B%ST*RD RELAY!

dodgy connection causing it to click constantly.....3 in 1 spray and a hearty tap and up she went!

Gonna buy a new one.

So not all bad news on the td5 front, and i fitted my H/D tank guard! Looking forward to my roast dinner now ;)

Ok had it running all week then bang! no pump again...

Relays good but clicking, side lights stopped working?,speedo going up and down....tell what it is yet!

OIL in the injection loom...tiny bit but it's there :(

cleaned the plug and off she goes but a new one iminent.

Any idea how much and how much of a PITA it is to fit?

ISTR about £40 and 20 minutes fit, very straight forward. Destroy the seal on the connector between the injector loom and the main engine loom to avoid the same problem recurring - search here for more details or it is pretty self explanatory once you have it apart.

Chris

ISTR about £40 and 20 minutes fit, very straight forward. Destroy the seal on the connector between the injector loom and the main engine loom to avoid the same problem recurring - search here for more details or it is pretty self explanatory once you have it apart.

Chris

Ok thanks....cheaper than i was expecting.