Roll Cage Fitting

I have been advised that it would be a good idea to remove the floor of the tub to aid fitting the roll cage I have coming.

So Ive decided to take the tub floor out, I have had the grinding wheel out and removed all but 2 of the rivits, i have removed the 2 strips under the tailgate, but it looks like the floor is spot welded to the tub, is it a case of hammer and chisel and splitting this or have i missed something?

I have been advised that it would be a good idea to remove the floor of the tub to aid fitting the roll cage I have coming.

So Ive decided to take the tub floor out, I have had the grinding wheel out and removed all but 2 of the rivits, i have removed the 2 strips under the tailgate, but it looks like the floor is spot welded to the tub, is it a case of hammer and chisel and splitting this or have i missed something?

You do NOT need to take the floor out

Wheels off and axle stands and some jiggling about is more than enough

and - when you take your tub off just how on earth will you know where it

needs to go ?

I am about to finish the fitting of my NOR cage, whilst I am using the old mounts for the hoop

behind the bulkhead I will be making up mounts for the rear stays, and this will be "Tub On"

There will be a thread on here soonish, so maybe hang on and see, taking the tub off is well OTT IMHO

Nige

Thanks Guy's, Nige I was just looking to remove the bottom of the tub not the whole thing, not sure if my terminology came across correctly, It did seem a good way of doing it as I cant see how I can weld the riser plates that go under the rear hoop mounts in such a tight space, by removing the floor its opens the access up.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh just the FLOOR :)

Misread it !

It does maybe have the advantage of not having to turn your body into

snake mode and find your left ear jammed in something whilst you head sheild hits

something else and various gouges dents and scars form on every move as you

try to weld - as I will prob find out again today :(

Nige :)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh just the FLOOR :)

Misread it !

It does maybe have the advantage of not having to turn your body into

snake mode and find your left ear jammed in something whilst you head sheild hits

something else and various gouges dents and scars form on every move as you

try to weld - as I will prob find out again today :(

Nige :)

Good Luck Nige, I have now collected the cage bloody heavier than I thought it would be so need to sweet talk a mate in I think. Have you removed the wings to fit the front hoop or can you cut the hole out and slide them down on to the outrigger mount? obviously the inner wings have to be removed.

Does anyone know how heavy a TC roll cage in 50mm CDS should be, mine is supposed to be a P&P cage, I asked a mate tonight and he said he can pick his up on his own, but this one seems heavy, im not a small bloke but I think I would be a struggle single handed, Im guessing about 120KG maybe more.

Mark.