Megasquirt and standard rangie EFI system...

I'm currently checking over the EFI system that I am bolting onto a standard 3.5 V8 and figured that whilst it is all in bits I may as well dig out the embarrassingly ancient MS 1.1 system I have built but never got around to using. (yes, it was a while ago...)

What can I ditch on the standard EFI system? Extra air valve? Funny vacuum thingy on the back left next to the fuel pressure reg? 9th injector?

Thanks. Fuel only for the moment, although I will be adding spark later (and with an upgrade to the latest MS version)

What is is the vacuum thingy next to the fuel reg? 2 wires and a small vacuum pipe connected to it - can't think what it is for!

P.S. I don't mean 1.1, I mean version 2.2

The regulator varies the pressure according to manifold pressure so has a small vacuum pipe going to it, the wire operates the overrun shut off relay so can be ignored. Not sure if it's best to run with or without the pressure regulator vacuum pipe, probably as well to keep it as is and just ignore the wire.

The thing with the 2 wires is a vacuum switch that shuts off the relay by the resistor pack on over-run, which kills the TACH signal to the ECU, which stops injecting fuel and then turns the fuel pump off.

If it sounds like an overcomplicated bodge, that's because it is. Bridge the relay out and remove or ignore the switch. You can steal its vacuum feed for the ECU's MAP sensor. The extra air valve just needs ignition switched +12v, either from ignition live or the fuel pump relay (which will only be on when the engine's running).