correct wiring to the coil can u help.

slm

please can you help.looks like there's alot of knowledgeable people about. i require correct wiring for coil. its a rangie 3.5 efi standard 1987/88 automatic

i have a white wire coming out of the loom on the inner wing which reads the same as battery 12.8 volts

i have 2 wires coming from the disi amp 1 wire is white and black the 2nd wire is white.

i have a black wire which comes from i believe a condenser clamped on coil mounting bolt.

i have a blue and black wire which comes from a relay bolted on the bracket just under the airflow meter.what is relay for?

finally i have a small black resistor about an inch long which has 2 male connector ends .

at present the engine turns over but i have no spark from coil and no feed to fuel pump.fuel pump works with a direct feed from battery.i have checked fuses. i have tried a borrowed coil but get the same. just trying to make sure everything is correct before fitting a new coil to elliminate that part of the system. thankyou for your time and help.

White comes from ignition switch and goes to coil positive and dizzy (White).

White/black from dizzy goes to coil negative.

Resistor fits to the coil negative. Other end is white/blue and goes to over-run relay pin 30/51.

White/black from over-run Relay pin 87 goes to ECU Pin 1.

Condenser goes to coil positive.

The fuel pump should be fed from the fuel pump relay which lives under the drivers seat in front of the ECU. This will be switched either by the ECU or if the air flow meter is open i.e. there is air flowing. Both these feeds come via the diode pack which lives beside the fuel pump relay.

So in answer to your question the fuel pump will run whilst cranking or you can test it by holding the flapper open.

Steve

thats great thanks. will wire the coil up and see what occours. pushed the flap and pump started working. the pump used to start when you turned on the ignition though. hopefully i will get a spark now as well. thanks again

• 1 month later...