Shipping my 90

Gaijin

Hello All,

My final prep for the move from Sunny Dubai to cold and cloudy Switzerland is underway. One of the joys of moving is filling out insurance forms. As the shipping company appears to be rather questionable, I'm taking this excercise a bit more seriously this time.

What do you think the replacement value of LHD tomb raider 90 would be in Switzerland? I have all the bits to make it stock, it has a Dealers FSH with 53k and a new clutch. I have a general feel for the middle east market but have heard stories about astronomical prices in Europe.

I know this might be a strange request, but your insight will be very helpful.

Thanks and best

shipping insurance normally is 1% of whatever value you like, no worries.... ;)

there are hundreds of tomb raiders in Switzerland!

When are you coming here and to which town?

cheers,

Tom

(Zurich)

I seem to have lost a post !!!

Tom.

How much would you say insurance for a Defender at approx 20,000GPB in value in a container would be???

My maths is not good today. LOL

I eat rat poison.They didn't change my dosager last Friday.

mike

I can cause trouble in an empty house !!

I seem to have lost a post !!!

Tom.

How much would you say insurance for a Defender at approx 20,000GPB in value in a container would be???

My maths is not good today. LOL

I eat rat poison.They didn't change my dosager last Friday.

mike

20,000 X 0.01 = £200 ...not a difficult calculation! :ph34r:

:D

That's what we thought...

We were quoted £1,300 for one way???

£1300 is surely the price for the whole shipping one-way port to port isn't it?

if not then it should be!

Added :- And just heard that there were between 200 and 250 Tomb Raiders imported into CH.

cheers,

Tom

Added :- And just heard that there were between 200 and 250 Tomb Raiders imported into CH.

cheers,

Tom

Nope.That was the insurance quote.

We think the camera gear frightend them offso they increased the premium !!!!!

The oneway price was £1030 for one way that year.

£890 for the return !!!

I'll not mention port fees????

I eat rat poison

mike

I would make sure it is insured.... My brother shipped his 110 from Pakistan to UK in 2000. He left being loaded onto a wagon in Islamabad before catching a plan home (the arses in the Iranian embassy would not give him a visa). Notheing was heard for 3 months. When he ran the shipping agent in Islamabad they just hung up(repetedly). He was begining to sweat a bit as he had presuaded our parents to do the guarentor bit on the carnet instead of forking out for the insurance policy. It was looking like a majorily expensive F**k up especialiy as he had no shipping insurance.

Then 3.5 month later Felikstowe port rang to say 'we have a container for you'. Suprisingly it was intact completed with all tools and equipment......

Adrian

I would make sure it is insured.... My brother shipped his 110 from Pakistan to UK in 2000. He left being loaded onto a wagon in Islamabad before catching a plan home (the arses in the Iranian embassy would not give him a visa). Notheing was heard for 3 months. When he ran the shipping agent in Islamabad they just hung up(repetedly). He was begining to sweat a bit as he had presuaded our parents to do the guarentor bit on the carnet instead of forking out for the insurance policy. It was looking like a majorily expensive F**k up especialiy as he had no shipping insurance.

Then 3.5 month later Felikstowe port rang to say 'we have a container for you'. Suprisingly it was intact completed with all tools and equipment......

Adrian

Franky I couldn't afford that sort of price for insurance.

At least I put me defender into the container myself and take it out myself.

I eat rat poison

mike

Franky I couldn't afford that sort of price for insurance.

At least I put me defender into the container myself and take it out myself.

Try another shipping agent, otherwise don't bother with the insurance if you'll be

at both ends when the box is sealed/unsealed.

The chances of it falling into the sea are pretty remote... :blink:

Or better still, drive it back and have an adventure! B)

Tom

cheers,

Tom

That will be news to the 250 owners in the club! there is only sposed to be that number in the world!!!

cheers,

Tom

:lol: THAT GOOD THERE WHERE ONLY 250 TOMB RAIDER 90's AND 150 TOMB RAIDER 110's SO I THINK YOU HAVE SOME DUFF INFO.

:lol: THAT GOOD THERE WHERE ONLY 250 TOMB RAIDER 90's AND 150 TOMB RAIDER 110's SO I THINK YOU HAVE SOME DUFF INFO.

I was told that the swiss dealers made the TR's from kits of the bits, like the toy roll cage and stuff.

:ph34r:

A mate got a big slating on another forum cos he converted his 110 TR into a pop top camper,

people were saying that its a rare historic vehicle etc... :lol:

I was told that the swiss dealers made the TR's from kits of the bits, like the toy roll cage and stuff.

:ph34r:

A mate got a big slating on another forum cos he converted his 110 TR into a pop top camper,

then they arent proper ones then! :D

if the guy kept the original bits (so it can be put back later) then thats fine IMO but i would rather buy another truck and keep the Raider as is.

Mandy.

:huh: how do you convert a crewcab to a popup camper. that a new one on me i thought you could only use full hardtops for that!!!!!!! or is that an other mickey mouse tomb raider <_<

:huh: how do you convert a crewcab to a popup camper. that a new one on me i thought you could only use full hardtops for that!!!!!!! or is that an other mickey mouse tomb raider <_<

How do you do it? just had over a bag of dosh and let someone else do it for you. Pleased with it anyway.

Here are a couple of pics from Tunisia last year.

Image-D822302A2AC211DA.jpg

Image-D82432AB2AC211DA.jpgImage-D82349C22AC211DA.jpg