fuel tank manufacturer suitable for trialler

v8bobber

Evening all,

I think I have finally sorted the way forward for the use of injection fuel pumps and the like for the trialler. Nect question is, can anyone recomment a reputable place to get a fuel tank made or where I can buy one off the shelf?

I have seen "alifab" on Ebay and they seem to do one about the right type and size. I am looking at about three gallons or so pickup, return, and breather (3.9efi). I am going to try and do without a swirlpot for the time being so a tank with beffles would be preferable.

Hope someone can advise

Cheers

Dave

Have you tried contacting Tom at WVA Holdings/Safari-Equip?

Phone number is 01274 835500

Website is HERE

They make tanks in mild/stainless/ali. They will do one offs as well

Now guess who resells their stuff at only a modest mark up? A couple of clues, bright colours and multipage ads with no prices on :ph34r:

Hope that helps

Regards

Brendan

What are the rules and regulations for different materials used in fuel tanks for comp vehicles?

Reason I asked is a 5 litre plastic petrol can fell out of the back of the 110 and split on corner which hit the ground. Was not impressed!

Am just curious as a plastic tank would certainly be the cheaper option then having a metal one manufactured

Regards

Brendan

Allisport do them, all shapes and sizes apparently.

Some here: http://search.stores.ebay.co.uk/allisport_...2853487QQsofpZ0

Also

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/Pro...amp;tlgrp=MS004

edit: while we're on the subject - why are swirlpots and baffles necessary ?

edit: never-mind :)

What is a swirl pot?

A device in a fuel tank that prevents bubbles getting into the fuel system allowing a constant fuel delivery.

Baffles apparently used to stop "sloshing" inside the tank, causing instability. Sounds like a good idea in a trialler...

Baffles apparently used to stop "sloshing" inside the tank, causing instability. Sounds like a good idea in a trialler...

Not only fuel tanks. Have baffles in my 70 litre water tank in the overland vehicle to stop water sloshing around

Regards

Brendan

What are the rules and regulations for different materials used in fuel tanks for comp vehicles?

Reason I asked is a 5 litre plastic petrol can fell out of the back of the 110 and split on corner which hit the ground. Was not impressed!

Am just curious as a plastic tank would certainly be the cheaper option then having a metal one manufactured

Regards

Brendan

The marine spec tanks aren't like a petrol can!

my mate uses a tank from a jet ski on his v8 88" no probs.

heres a link to similar one on the bay 70L plastic fuel tank.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies. I'm waiting for a reply from "Alifab" off the internet about the tank internals etc etc. I did have a look at Demon Tweeks last night but the tanks that would do the job for me are a bit too expensive for my tastes.

I've emailed Andy at Allisport to see what he recommends and how much he can do me one for. I had an intercooler off him a few years ago and the quality was excellent and I guess that he'll have an educated guess of what I need for my application, especially as regards to swirl pots / baffles and other stuff i'm trying not to think about....

I've rebuilt vehicles before but never this in depth and i'm stuck between trying to keep the vehicle to a budget and getting decent kit for it. I need to remind myself that it will only be used once a month so I can't justify spending a huge amount on it. But then again I do want it to last.

The machine is coming along nicely and the engine and gearbox are in along with the wiring. I'm onto the fun bit now which is buying the shiny bits!! If i ever work out how to post pictures on here i'll show everyone how far i've got to go!

thanks again!

Dave