P38 2001 Plate 4.0 V8 Overheating

teessidelad25

If it's V8 repairs i can recommend these guys

http://www.v8engines.com/

I have bought from these and they know their V8's. They have a massive archive of info with pictures explaining all that has been said about the block casting qualities.

If it's been on going for some time why not get the engine stripped and inspected at least you will know what's broken?

• 3 months later...

Hello Guys since my last post i have since found that i have been losing the coolant from my Heater Matrix. I did replace the Thermostat and if i keep ontop of the coolant level then it doesnt seem to overheat still seems to be lots of pressure in the expansion tank thou,.

One question i do have is that how quickly should the temperature gauge move to half way.

Dunno about the 4.0 with all the electrickery controlling it- but I have a 3.5 in my 90 and it warms up pretty quick. I would say normal running temp in 3 miles if i leave for work at 06:00 with the weather like it has been.

I would assume (and you know what they say about that) that the 4.0 would warm up a little quicker, being slightly larger and probably running a tad leaner than my good old fossil fuel burning SU's... :D

• 8 months later...

Update

New engine fitted at a cost of 3.5K yes i know expensive but he had me by the short an curly's. Anyway did 500 miles then the bloody RED light came on again ARGH!!!!!!!

Managed to get it recovered to the garage where engine fitted and he told me its the Heater Matrix that's gone and that caused the system to overheat. Even thou it only lost about a pint of water. But now he telling me because the engine has over heated and i mean the red light was on for about 10 seconds that the engine warranty is now void. Anyone any ideas on what i can do ??

CARL