Low level water sensor switch......

mmgemini

I have an Alli-Sport aluminium header tank fitted to my Defender.

Now I want to fit a low water level warning light sensor to the cooling system.

I have the infirmation to fit switch Pt No PRC7925.The only problem being that this sensor is incorporated in the header tank cap,Mine being a different fitting.

Today I fell over a Range Rover with the metal header tank and the level sensor.Enquiries at my dealer tells me that this sensor is PRC5077.

So !!

Are these sensors wired up in the same way.

I have the diagram for PRC7925 but not PRC5077.

HELP !!!!

I eat rat poison.

mike

I can cause trouble in an empty house !!

Yep I've got that bit Ralph.

I want to know the difference[if any] in the wiring.

Aparently there should be an interface with PRC7925.I have the wiring information to get past that interface.

Does PRC5077 have the same interface???

Any information on the thread size for the nut???

I eat rat poison

mike

I can cause trouble in an empty house.

Aparently there should be an interface with PRC7925.I have the wiring information to get past that interface.

Is this a straight forward workaround Mike. I'd like to be able to get one of those sensors working on my Tdi.

Paul :)

I assume the integrated cap & float switch you are talking about is the plastic type fitted from RR efi 86 on, don't have access to my parts book at the moment.

That type has a delay unit built into the wiring that stops it from flashing on & off irritatingly when cornering with it near the limit as it used to do on my older RR. Again I don't have my diagrams to hand.

I assume the integrated cap & float switch you are talking about is the plastic type fitted from RR efi 86 on, don't have access to my parts book at the moment.

That type has a delay unit built into the wiring that stops it from flashing on & off irritatingly when cornering with it near the limit as it used to do on my older RR. Again I don't have my diagrams to hand.

In a word Neil NO !!! LOL

This sensor fits into the header tank.Which is what I want. As per Ralphs post.

Had I had the plastic header tank all was straight forward,as I have all the information for that one from www.ep90.com/.php?id=67

The information is for PRC7925 which is the sender in the tank cap.

I have PRC5077.

Are they the same in the wiring so I can use the same set-up as PRC7925??

Paul.

If you have the plastic header tank go to that link [if it works,if it doesnt E mail me and I'll forward it to you} all the information is there.

In a word Neil NO !!! LOL

This sensor fits into the header tank.Which is what I want. As per Ralphs post.

Had I had the plastic header tank all was straight forward,as I have all the information for that one from www.ep90.com/.php?id=67

The information is for PRC7925 which is the sender in the tank cap.

I have PRC5077.

Are they the same in the wiring so I can use the same set-up as PRC7925??

Paul.

If you have the plastic header tank go to that link [if it works,if it doesnt E mail me and I'll forward it to you} all the information is there.

Thanks for the link Mike. ;) I got it to work using:

http://www.ep90.com/index.php?id=67

Paul :)