galv chasis

gaz0203

Both Richards' Chassis and Marsland have good reputations. The problem with Marsland is that they provide a generic Series 88-inch chassis, so you'll end up with a Series 3 chassis and that requires a few alterations to the vehicle body to fit. It also means that you certainly won't be winning any accurate rebuild awards...

Meanwhile Richards provides accurate types for the various Series models, and will definitely be open to negotiations on price and what deals you can get. This does however come at a price.

thats interesting, ive just been on marslands websites and they quote £700 for a series 3 and £800 for a 11/11a chassis. does this mean il be getting the same chassis for £100 more or have they started making a specific series chassis? also, on paddocks website they supply marslands chassis but quote £680 for the 11a chassis! when you say mods are needed what exactly is different? im not after concours and dont mind making small adjustments but nothing to major

I wasn't aware that Marsland have added an additional chassis to their range. The 2 and 2A still have their own differences between each other mind.

The alterations I mentioned were basically having to redrill holes in the front of the tub for a different body mount location, little things here and there. If you browse the Series 2 Club forums you should be able to find a list of the key differences.

Hi, I replaced my rotten series 2a chassis with a Marsland generic series 3 chassis. The only difference I came across was the mounting brackets for the front of the rear tub were in a different place, I just drilled new holes in the tub. If you buy through Paddocks you need to find out about delivery charges.

Chris

If its of any use, i ordered a marslands chassis through paddocks, it came direct from marslands not paddocks, the delivery came to £140 once tax had been added. Took the total to £940 all in, i'm happy with the chassis though, everything lines up nicely, if you have a cordless drill handy jst make sure you whip it through the holes to clear the zinc and use copper grease liberally on the threads of the bolts to stop and rust forming. I can't comment on the others but im perfectly happy with marslands and they were by far the cheapest.

Dave