why is there always sumt else lol

titan

well it seems every time i fix something something else crops up

change the wheels at the weekend now im changing the discs due to the garage i got it from only changing one side to top this off after 3hrs (first time changing discs) i find out the shop had given me the wronge pads (my own fault should have checked but didnt wont to get them covered in grease) so going to change both even though the drivers side is really good

well cant be much else to do for the MOT now

:lol: famous last words :lol:

you what? your only changing one side of the vehicles brakes????? are you mad? Always change brakes in axle sets i.e front or rear. thats why pads come in sets of front or rear, and some companies sell discs as a pair. It is dangerous practise to replace only one side

Wot he said. ^^^^ If you replace an axle set you will be replacing with pads all the same spec. If you mix them up who knows what may occur, grabbing, non-grabbing etc.

Don't fiddle with safety components.

If you don't want to get them greasy while working with them lightly apply some wide paper masking tape over the surfaces & obviously, remove it when you finish. ;)

you what? your only changing one side of the vehicles brakes????? are you mad? Always change brakes in axle sets i.e front or rear. thats why pads come in sets of front or rear, and some companies sell discs as a pair. It is dangerous practise to replace only one side

:rolleyes: i said in the first thread "so going to change both even though the drivers side is really good " it was the place i got the car from that only changed one side

well todays miss hap comes in the form of the shop dont have the discs in stock and the disc happen to be defender 90 disc for some reason cant wait for the next one

:rolleyes: i said in the first thread "so going to change both even though the drivers side is really good " it was the place i got the car from that only changed one side

well todays miss hap comes in the form of the shop dont have the discs in stock and the disc happen to be defender 90 disc for some reason cant wait for the next one

probably because the hubs/axle is used on 90's as well.

sounds like you've ben hit by sods law!

sounds that way still all done now and without adding anything to the list

You probably did but it's the lack of capitals & general punctuation that threw us. rolleyes.gif

school was never my stronge point :lol: always like the text and short hand method