Battery bracket/securing battery in place

Boro

Does anyone have a picture of the battery of a circa 1995 discovery 300 tdi battery and how it is secured in place that they could post up for me please as the previous owner never bothered to secure the battery and now i have replaced it for a new one i want to secure it in place, thanks guys

This is the second battery installed in my 1996 discovery. It uses exactly the same clamping mechanism as the factory one just mirrored - J shaped bots and a bar across the corner of the battery.

gallery_92_604_5396.jpg

hope that helps

Mark

Does anyone have a picture of the battery of a circa 1995 discovery 300 tdi battery and how it is secured in place that they could post up for me please as the previous owner never bothered to secure the battery and now i have replaced it for a new one i want to secure it in place, thanks guys

Hi Boro,

Sorry it's taken so long but here you are (drivers/near side).

This is my 1996 300tdi (standard fitment) and pretty solid too!

post-12912-1236586877_thumb.jpg post-12912-1236586847_thumb.jpg

I've seen the clamps here (click) will just need the rods. ;)

ATB,

PN

Cheers guys, paul i found the bracket for across the top in the boot when i bought it and carefully stashed it away, the threaded rod nearest the front panel was in place but the other was not so i made one, is the top of the bracket straight in that pic or curved just on mine with it straight the stepped section at either end doesnt seat on the battery, may see if i can fiddle it a bit to fit

Cheers guys, paul i found the bracket for across the top in the boot when i bought it and carefully stashed it away, the threaded rod nearest the front panel was in place but the other was not so i made one, is the top of the bracket straight in that pic or curved just on mine with it straight the stepped section at either end doesnt seat on the battery, may see if i can fiddle it a bit to fit

The bracket going over the top of the battery is flat (un-bent) and the only parts that touch the battery when clamped are the two clamping points (nuts) and the middle vertical tongue which presses down on the battery as you tighten.