Is superglue sensor safe ?

V8 Freak

I want to join two pieces of pipe for the PWM part of my setup on the 4.6

I have two hoses that fit one inside the other very nicely.

I could do a collar insert in the inner one and then clamp around the outer to give an effective seal, but then though of Superglue... It loves rubber and could be the way to get an effective seal / bond between the two parts.

(I'd use the precision superglue as it gives you time to fiddle...)

So, is it save for Lambda sensors ?

Thanks in advance

Neil

Good advice, so back to plan A then...

Tube insert and clamp up tight...

Neil

depends what kind of tube!! if its rubber/silicone into rubber/silicone then you could do with something metal inside the smaller one so it does not distort when you tighten your jubilee clips up and for extra strength...

if its rubber or silicone into metal pipe it should be fine....

if its metal into metal try braising/ soldering or welding!!

Agreed. The best use is joining skin. I have never found any other use for it.

You are right there..... I believe it was originally designed (or a variant of what we use now) for surgery and space travel !

Regards ste clark comment.. My thoughts were to insert a tube in the smaller pipe, fit the bigger pipe around that and then clamp as you said... Maybe wasn't making myself clear....

Thanks for your help guys..

Neil

What about the vulcanising glue from an old fashioned bicycle puncture repair kit.

Pete.

It's quite new rubber Pete.. Not sure I could find any old enough to go with an old fashioned puncture repair kit.... :ph34r:

I'll just stick the tube inside the smaller pipe and clamp it tight.. It means I can also change my mind as much as I like ! :)

Neil

It doesn't need to hold pressure so you may get away with just pushing them together. Most of the air pipes on my engine are just a slide fit.

I did most of the pipework on my PWM idle valve with 15mm copper pipe and fittings.

Steve