Defender Anti Roll Bar

Hi there,

I have a 1989 110 Defender that has been modified for off road use and I am thinking of putting the suspension back to standard. The rear anti roll bar has been removed and I want to get another one secondhand. I have the chance of one off a Disco 1. Can anyone tell me please if this would be the same as the Defender? :rolleyes:

Thanks for any help.

Les

Thanks I was not sure myself, will travelbug require new links or will the Disco ones work OK.

On my 110 which started life as a utility there were no mountings on the front for an ARB, so I bought some to be welded on, then decided not to. (I still have them if anyone is interested) I then removed the rear ARB which I had fitted (since sold), and up rated the springs to the 500kg OME's. There is very little body roll and surprisingly the ride is not stiff with the HD springs.

I have OME shocks all round and am very pleased with the whole suspension set up, without any ARB's.

As it left the factory as a utility without ARB's I am not in contravention of the MOT, despite the vehicle now being a CSW!

John

I've just fitted an ARB to a 1994 SW using a Mk1 Discovery part.

The only difference is the two brackets which mount the bar to the chassis.

The Disco version only has two holes per bracket. The LR/Defender item has four.

Picture3-1.jpg

Hi there,

I have a 1989 110 Defender that has been modified for off road use and I am thinking of putting the suspension back to standard. The rear anti roll bar has been removed and I want to get another one secondhand. I have the chance of one off a Disco 1. Can anyone tell me please if this would be the same as the Defender? :rolleyes:

Thanks for any help.

Thanks Guys for the advice.

Looks like the ARB will be OK and all I need is the 4 hole brackets for the chassis.

Paul