Mirror Glass Part No.

onions

In case it's not in my signature I drive a '98 300tdi Disco.

A while back, for reasons I struggle to explain, someone decided to come onto my drive in the night and smash the glass in both my mirrors. On a light note, the missus drove for 5 miles before she spotted the mirrors were pointing the wrong way.

The damage is only to the glass. The motors still angle the mirrors as you would expect, but at the minute I have Halfrauds replacement mirror glass stuck on in a haphazard fashion because I was in a rush the day it happened. I am ready to do the job properly and fix the mirrors up because I've now moved house and I don't reckon the same vandals will have followed me 80 miles across country to break my mirrors, steal my rear badge and key my paintwork. Again.

So here's the problem: I just want - if they make such a thing - to get the mirror glass, already in the black plastic surround but without all the motor and the shell of the mirror. So just the flat bit really, which would most likely have to include the element/film for the mirror heater.

I've looked around and seen various prices from over £130 down to about £12 but I don't know what any of these bits are because no-one provides photos or adequate descriptions. The nearest main stealer is too far away for a quick visit and they don't understand what I'm after when I phone (and I would prefer not to pay their prices).

I've gone on a bit. In short I want:

1) to know if they make the part I'm looking for

2) to know if anyone has a part number for it

3) what the part number is for the n/s and o/s version

4) to be lead by the hand to a place where I can buy both parts

5) to know why I am procrastinating by fixing my mirros when there is clearly fluid being emitted from my steering box.

6) to be much more concise in future

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Mr. O

• 4 weeks later...

Are you Sitting Down,

Here is the list of part numbers for the 95 MY (300 Series facelift - Rhomulus):

RH Convex Non Heated CRD100640

LH Convex Non Heated CRD100650

RH Flat Non Heated CRD100680

LH Flat Non Heated CRD100690

RH Convex Heated MTC 6538

LH Convex Heated MUC1609

There are no flat heated mirrors listed in the parts catalogue.

Best wishes.

Tony :rolleyes:

Magic. That's what I'm after. Do you happen to know whether they are already in the black plastic surround thing (technical term) that the old ones seemed te be in before their destruction?

At about £30 on-line :o , best drop into the stealer's at Stockton and get them to see it! I'm sure they weren't that expensive from them!

Image :MTC6538 (convex heated mirror)

MTC6538.jpg