300 tdi wiring

So then, going through the attached pdf, it's a great reference if you are starting from the ground up....

Now im not gonna fit an alarm or immobilizer, so you think I can skip Link 1.

That will make sense if you download and look at the power distribution page.

(also you might find the answer to Westerns question in here)

300tdiWiringDiagrams.pdf

Hello mate,

You can't omit link 1 - not if you want lights to work - link 1 provides supply to light switch and dim dip system. Link 1 is in the fusebox underbonnet adjacent the heater box on a 300tdi. Check out page 20 exterior lights.

Not sure what you're trying to achieve and from what starting point - if you let me know I'll try and help.

Thanks for posting the 300Tdi diagram very useful, only had the paper ones until now and they don't show half of it.

Regards

Rob

Well im starting from scratch, chassis upward, Don't have anything and the donor vehicle was a TD that I don't have any part left of (well except the roof sides and rear tub, which can go to a good home for £25 / token gesture)

However I will get some sort of wiring harness as im fitting a 2.8TGV engine, so I need either one for a 300tdi, or the one that comes with the engine, don't know yet?

Yep, just checked that out, your right, I guess at junction A15, the one going off to the switch lighting & resistor Dim is the link I need to keep.

But then I guess the others I can skip as they all look alarm related, also means I can skip the whole of page 3.1 that looks more colourful...