Different tyre sizes on front and rear axles

Boro

Would it cause any problems if i where to run 225 75 16 tyres on the front axle and 235 70 16 tyres on the rear axle of my disco, unusual question perhaps but as i already have them it would save me buying new tyres :rolleyes:

Yes. The 225s are a bit taller so your centre diff will be spinning continuously driving in a straight line, which it is not designed to do. Not a good idea, though I don't know what the long term effects would be - possibly epic backlash developing in the centre diff gears.

I know theres a little difference in rolling radius but wondered whether its acceptable given that if you had half worn tyres on one axle and new tyres on the other you would have a variation in rolling radius hence me asking

Theoretical size difference is only 9mm so depending on what the actual size difference is (which depends on the make and type of tyre) you might get away with it I suppose. Personally I don't change only two tyres at once I change all four at the same time but I accept that a lot of people do run all sorts of odd mixtures. Would you pass an MOT with different sized tyres on? I know you wouldn't pass one of our insurance inspections here but we don't have MOTs so not sure what they do oop norf.