Detroit locker in a 1998 110 salisbury axle?

easy way to find out, get the axle serial number off the casing & then ring Ashcrofts & ask to speak to Dave or Ian.

It`s not so easy to ring and talk english when you are from Norway;)

Thats why i was hoping that somebody could tell me if i have to change the bearings or not.

I`m gonna buy the locker att paddocks, and dont want to bother Aschroft with questions.

You don't have to change the bearings if they are OK, just pull the centre and split the hemisphere, pull the planetary gears out and install the No Spin centre and reinstall.

Ideally you spread the case or compress it top to bottom (spreads it sideways, there is a certain amount of pre-load on the bearings) but a couple of tyre levers will get the centre out too, and some gentle persuasion with a copper or soft face bashing implement will get it back in.

You don't have to change the bearings if they are OK, just pull the centre and split the hemisphere, pull the planetary gears out and install the No Spin centre and reinstall.

Ideally you spread the case or compress it top to bottom (spreads it sideways, there is a certain amount of pre-load on the bearings) but a couple of tyre levers will get the centre out too, and some gentle persuasion with a copper or soft face bashing implement will get it back in.

Thank you.

Is it just the internals of the diffcasing that is changed?

Do you got a picture of the locker?