Very quick legal query

Hi

Just checking that when I fit my new Richards chassis I don't need an SVA/IVA, its a 110 commercial so qualified for the old commercial SVA if necessary but I'm not entirely sure on the legal side now since the launch of the IVA?

Does the old points system still exist?

Mike

Hi

Just checking that when I fit my new Richards chassis I don't need an SVA/IVA, its a 110 commercial so qualified for the old commercial SVA if necessary but I'm not entirely sure on the legal side now since the launch of the IVA?

Mike

If that is all you are doing, new for old, then no test required. You must keep your receipt though.

Hi

Mike

You will not need an SVA/IVA as you are replacing with a new chassis. You will also retain your registration.

Words copied from DVLA

Vehicles that have been rebuilt using a mix of new or used parts

In order to retain the original registration mark:

* cars and car-derived vans must use:

The original unmodified chassis or unaltered bodyshell (i.e. body and chassis as one unit - monocoque); or a new chassis or monocoque bodyshell of the same specification as the original supported by evidence from the dealer or manufacturer (e.g. receipt).

And two other major components from the original vehicle - ie suspension (front & back); steering assembly; axles (both); transmission or engine.

You must contact DVLA and get the required forms for declaring the change. VOSA are not involved in any of this process.

Steve