I'm leaking

paulrr85

I have an 85 range rover running dual fuel. I am leaking from the fuel cap every time i go around a right hand corner. I have replaced the o-ring and the gasket for the cap. What else can i do? Could it be a breather problem as i have also replaced the hose. I also leak from the power steering reservoir. It looks like it is also leaking from the cap. I have changed gasket and tightened but still leaks.

I have an 85 range rover running dual fuel. I am leaking from the fuel cap every time i go around a right hand corner. I have replaced the o-ring and the gasket for the cap. What else can i do? Could it be a breather problem as i have also replaced the hose. I also leak from the power steering reservoir. It looks like it is also leaking from the cap. I have changed gasket and tightened but still leaks.

The fuel sounds like a blocked vent. The rubber hose may have degraded or may be trapped somewhere.

The power steering sounds like it is over-filled as there should be no reason for the fluid to be up around the cap unless you play off road at silly angles (the cap has a vent hole in it). Also check that the fluid is not foaming which is an indication that the pump is failing.

Steve

My 83 4door used to leak fuel, only found it when the back wing was off for work to the inner wing, it was the filler neck which had rusted through.

As steve d says make sure the reservoir isn't too full, there is a filter in the older steel power steering tank but I don't think there is one on the plastic one, worth a look.