Another electric window problem

NeilF

Just yesterday, the passenger window started to go down on the front edge only. moving it up and down straightened it a little but now it's making a horrible racket even when fully up. Any ideas of what I should be looking for?

Yeah, I'd been reading the other thread, but since my symptoms were slightly different, I suppose I was hoping that it was something easy.....oh well, needs must, but I hate trying to work large square objects out of small round holes

Well, I've replaced the window regulator, and I have to say it was easy and I had no problems. However, contrary to the expectations of the forum, it wasn't the spot welds that let go (there are three on mine; maybe the extra one is consequent to this known deficiency). Taking off the trim, the only bit at the bottom of the door was a half of one of the nylon wheels from the regulator. The whole thing was disjointed and the various arms bent at their ends - probably something came adrift and the motor forced metal bits in directions not designed for!

Anyway, thanks again to the forum for all the advice.