smaller wheels nuts on hub adapter

DiscoGlover

hello all

iv sourced some hub adapters to fit some disco2 alloys on my disco 1 but the question is is it ok to use some smaller standard nuts of some sort because wheel nuts (steel or alloy) are too large so wont sit flush

they have been designed this way and iv been told to find some nyloc nuts

I dont do alot off off roading and when i do its by no means extreme

any advise apreciatted

theres a pic for the fun of it ignore the bike unless your in to that sort of thing :P

post-16849-1242735440_thumb.jpg

theres a pic for the fun of it ignore the bike unless your in to that sort of thing :P

i notice that you have more axle articulation with your bike than the disco... and the bike cost more that your disco as well !!!!! :D

hello all

iv sourced some hub adapters to fit some disco2 alloys on my disco 1 but the question is is it ok to use some smaller standard nuts of some sort because wheel nuts (steel or alloy) are too large so wont sit flush

they have been designed this way and iv been told to find some nyloc nuts

I dont do alot off off roading and when i do its by no means extreme

any advise apreciatted

Your spacers should have come supplied with nuts.

Standard nylocs won't be any good - they must be tapered (like your standard steel wheelnuts) in order to hold the spacer on correctly. PLEASE don't use ordinary nuts as you will have serious problems getting the spacers to centre correctly, let alone stay on the hub.

Matt

ok, the adapters i was looking at are smaller than the others hence why they need smaller nuts i could counter sinch the adapter and use some tapered nuts of some sort but they will have to be smaller than standard steely wheely nuts

or i pay out a bit more and get the larger offset ones which use alloy wheel nuts all round

and yes the bikes have a bit more 'travel' the other one has 10 inches :P

this one only has 8

sweet taste i bikes you have! how much does it weigh? :)

used to have big hit dh's and kona's....

not sure its a new build im yet to hit the trails at a guess 38lbs

you moved on to bigger more powerful forms of offroading then? lol