Is this forum senescing

honitonhobbit

senescing - is the gradual vegetative breakdown that occurs in plant material once maturity is reached. I was likening the forum to a tree and questioning whether is had finally developed as far as it could and was now experiencing the slow, gradual decline to nothing.

Thanks the title makes sense to me now.

I looked at ORRP last week for the first time, although some of it was funny, I did struggle to find a great deal of info that was usefull. Genuine questions seemed to be shot down with abuse in one or two threads. Fine if thats what tickles you, but it just reminded me of MBUK. A mountain bike forum that I asked a tech question at once and got a load of drivel from 13 year old spotty kids about how I'd have wet dreams about ever owning a particular bike. The fact the bike is actually in my shed seemed to escape them.

Don't get me wrong, long may it continue, but its not for me.....

anyway, the original thread.......I think all forums have been slow lately, definately a change.

Jas

I don't think there is any danger of this fading away, all the forums I visit have been quiet over the last couple of weeks, posibly due to the daylight hours stretching beyond tea time now!

The other thing I'd mention is, the 'scrapiron' thread has links in forums all over the place, and it was one of those that brought me back in here, and there seems to have been many new members registering just to add a comment to that thread.

I had actually forgotten about this forum, and hadn't posted on it since november!

I promise I won't let that happen again!!!! ;)