265 75's

Aragorn

I'm thinking of buying a cheap disco as a plaything while my 90 is slowly coming together.

I dont really want to spend unneccessary money on it, as its just drawing money away from the 90, so it wont be getting kitted up to the max, but seen as i'll need some decent tyres for the 90 anyway, i figure if some come up now at the right price then its probably not a waste to buy them now and use them on the disco.

I'd planned to run the 90 on 265/75 R16's so if i'm going to buy tyres thats what i'd be looking at.

I'm just wondering what exactly i'd need to do to a disco1 to make them fit...

I presume i may have issues with the arches, and might need to cut bits away from the rear to clear the tyres, but can anyone give a definitive list of what i'd need to do to run these? They'll most probably be on standard disco steels or disco alloys, depending on what the truck comes with.

i run 265/75/16 on my D1

If its just gonna be a toy Just get a set of mud tyres and dont go too large

there is another post similar to this thread about someone else asking about that tyre size

that size tyre will knock your speedo out and kill any form a standstill acceleration

larger tyres may help you out on rocks and maybe help you not sink into the mud but too large and you wont get the tyres to dig down

you will need to make some mods to fit that size depending on wheel, suspension etc

sorry dont mean to hijack this post

just bought a v8 disco last night wth lpg and the guy gave me a set of 265/75 bfg muds need putting on the rims to go with it they are part worn but have found the chart guide very usefull only going to use mild greenlaning so don plan on any other mods

just the tyres and want to enjoy it

thanks again for the chart

regards

Lee

well now got me 265/75 on

fill the arches nicely got to a camel cut and bumper end caps steering stops and think extended bump stops may be way to go althougth still thinking on this one at present

cheers

Lee