lift but something is wrong

Over the weekend I installed a 2" lift kit (Paddocks heavy duty with pro comp, springs and shocks only).

I'm not sure, but i suspect that the previous owner has installed -2" turrets at the front. The front shocks currently will have approx 2" upward travel available. I think this cannot be right.

Could someone please give me the distance between the spring retainer and the top shock mount for a regular size turret so that I can check where I am.

Two further questions:

Will I need regular length turrets, or +2" turrets for the lift kit?

Can I put in original (cylinder shape) turrets or should i go with customised aftermarket turrets?

Despite the above the performance of the suspension on road is very well and the car is nicely levelled.

Your help is once again much appreciated.

with +2" procomp shocks - you should be able to compress the axle right up to the bumpstop without the shock bottoming out using standard height shock mounts.

On my 90 i have probably about 5mm of up travel left in the shock when the axle is touching the stops.

With a tape measure in the garage now - the std turrets are approx 10 1/4" from the top edge to the bottom of the flange.

I've two std ones spare if you want to replace the ones you have.

You shouldn't need to put after-market turrets on if all you are after is the lift. +2" turrets will give you 2" more compression travel but 2" less rebound travel.