steering stops

audiman

now got me 265/75 bfg's on my Disco

running on standard suspension read the thread that arches need cutting and end caps need trimming which I can do no problem can someone show me how to adjust the steering stops being new to lr's aint got a clue what the steering stops are

sorry if this sounds daft but the tyres are screeeching on full lock

cheers

lee :D

Located as shown above.

Adjust the left hand stop to stop the right hand tyre rubbing and right hand stop to stop the left hand rubbing. and be aware that there is a lock nut on the wheel end of the stop bolt which needs undoing first. oh and be prepared for at least one of them to snap.

Pete.

how do you adjust them ie do you put it on right lock then adust left side

Yes the steering stops limits how close the tyre gets to the radius arm on the opposite side. Extending them out reduces turning angle.

I jacked up the front axle and put it on axle stands so that the wheels were off the ground, it was the easy to turn the wheel lock to lock, adjusting the stops as required until both tyres cleared radius arms by about 10mm.

Matt that looks one steep angle bet you enjoyed it though

regards

Lee

It was actually a little steeper than the picture suggests due to my mrs being stood on the incline when taking the photo, but it was great fun.

Taken at www.hillnditch4x4.co.uk incase your wondering

Thanks

Matt

sorry me being a bit thick again

I have had a look under the front of my disco and can see the stops but which way doe's the bolt need to go ie does it need to be more out to the disc side of the wheel

cheers

Lee