Ali fairlead

Bobtail-Jay

Stainless is the best "alloy" fairlead :)

I guess aluminium ones are all much of a muchness - I use a Goodwinch one on my Milemarker - and apparently can wear away with grit in the rope, though that isn't a problem I have had. Depending on which winch you have the choice can be restricted - most of the ones on offer don't fit the Milemarker for example.

Stainless is the best "alloy" fairlead :)

I guess aluminium ones are all much of a muchness - I use a Goodwinch one on my Milemarker - and apparently can wear away with grit in the rope, though that isn't a problem I have had. Depending on which winch you have the choice can be restricted - most of the ones on offer don't fit the Milemarker for example.

howcome you say they don't fit the milemarker ? (just curious as i need a couple for my milemarkers)

G

howcome you say they don't fit the milemarker ? (just curious as i need a couple for my milemarkers)

G

The MM H12 needs a fairlead with offset holes as the mounting holes are below the cable line - most fairleads you see advertised seem to have the holes at the end of the fairlead slot. I guess you could use the normal type but there could be a lot of strain on the fairlead and rope/fairlead wear could be an issue especially when most of the rope is off the drum.

See here http://www.dborc.co.uk/goodwinch/4x4%20fairleads.htm for the different types from Bowyer, the MM one is the one with the offset holes.