Level sensor buzzer/warning light

Les Henson

I just bought one of those that are advertised in the For Sale section, but I'm not sure what buzzer is suitable for it. Does anyone know what/where I can get one from (Maplins?).

A linky to the exact thing I need would be excellent please.

Les.

I just bought one of those that are advertised in the For Sale section, but I'm not sure what buzzer is suitable for it. Does anyone know what/where I can get one from (Maplins?).

A linky to the exact thing I need would be excellent please.

Les.

Solid state 12V buzzer (loud)

Assuming the level sensor is normally open (likely), one of these will do, wired 12V (ignition switched line (green)) -> sensor -> buzzer -> earth.

IF the sensor goes open circuit when activated, let us know and I'll sketch a circuit wehn I get back from site.

HTH

Actually Les, if the small buzzer in the link above is all you're going to use, or pehaps just a small LED warning light as well, you can safely dispense with the relay. The buzzer is only 35mA and the timer was built to handle 2A (we did an upgrade on the old version).

Hopefully that dodgey Cordell bloke included the wiring diagram with the timer, but if he didn't, we've colour coded the wires all the same:

RED - Ignition +ve

BLACK - Ground

BLUE - Water level switch, Other side of switch to ground

WHITE - 12VDC alarm signal to connect to buzzer, light. 2 Amps Max

Paul :)

Actually Les, if the small buzzer in the link above is all you're going to use, or pehaps just a small LED warning light as well, you can safely dispense with the relay. The buzzer is only 35mA and the timer was built to handle 2A (we did an upgrade on the old version).

Hopefully that dodgey Cordell bloke included the wiring diagram with the timer, but if he didn't, we've colour coded the wires all the same:

RED - Ignition +ve

BLACK - Ground

BLUE - Water level switch, Other side of switch to ground

WHITE - 12VDC alarm signal to connect to buzzer, light. 2 Amps Max

Paul :)

Like this then ...

post-8420-1245935345_thumb.png

Yes he got a diagram.

I don't know, I spend minutes of work's time sketching it up, and he already has one. Never mind STF, RTFI :o would be closer to the truth ... mutter mutter :P

Back to paid work then :( .