Mail order Ally plate supplier?

Steve 90

Anybody recommend anyone?

As the Tittle says im after a Mail order supplier, (Preferably next day) of aluminium plate. Im after a piece of 8mm or 10mm thick 790mm wide (or 630 dependent on how I do it) by 950mm long. Its for an auto gearbox protection plate underneath my 100"

Cheers.

Steve.

Look up local engineering or sheet metal fabricators and just bowl in and ask.

Just blagged several offcuts of stainless sheet for now't. Not saying you will manage the same but at the very least you will avoid the postage.

You may also get them to stick a couple of bends in it for you.

Steve

Look up local engineering or sheet metal fabricators and just bowl in and ask.

Just blagged several offcuts of stainless sheet for now't. Not saying you will manage the same but at the very least you will avoid the postage.

You may also get them to stick a couple of bends in it for you.

Steve

Thats my trouble, I cant just pop in anywhere, I live out in the sticks and the postage would probably be less than the fuel to get to the nearest place and definitely cheaper than half a day off work to do it.

Cheers for ya help guys.

I'd already looked on Eblag but the couple I found seemed quite pricey for that size plate but it would appear thats the going rate unless you can find somewhere to blag an off cut. Will get it sorted this morning.

Cheers.

Steve.

• 3 weeks later...

Dont know if you got fixed up Steve but I am about to buy some 2014-T6 ally, 6mm thick for a skid plate and to protect my delicate bits.

A 2000 x 1000 x 6mm sheet is £200 + vat. Is that expensive? is that grade suitable? is it thick enough? The supplier is local to me and I can collect. Delivery is approx £18.00 if any one needed it sending direct. I can cut it if anyone wants some.

Apparently, it will weld and can be bent with long radius bends (or a series of cranks) to give the required angle.